Wednesday, April 16, 2014

MY BASIC GROCERY LIST FOR A CLEAN AND HEALTHY EATING DIET

HEY GUYS,
when I started eating clean and organic I totally emptied out my fridge, freezer, and the pantry. I wanted to start clean and fresh. I committed to myself. I limited the days of eating out to just one day. when ur going organic you need extra money, unfortunately (u don't have to go organic its just my choice. CLEAN EATING DOESNT HAVE TO BE ORGANIC). so I thought why not limit eating out as its pretty expensive and not even healthy anyways (halal restaurants are pretty expensive)


                         so my first healthy grocery list looked like this:
note: I recommend buying the stuff that has a long expiration date in bulk because its one time investment and lasts forever.




PRODUCE:
strawberries
blueberries
bananas
apples
grapes
mushrooms
baby spinach or kale
bell peppers (each of all colors I LOVE THEM ROASTED)
broccoli slaw (just my preference)
roma tomatoes
onions
green onions
carrots
avocado
cucumbers
sweet potatoes


DAIRY:
all natural nonfat greek yogurt
low fat mozzarella cheese
cage free eggs
all natural eggwhites




GROCERY:
hummus
low carb tortillas (just my choice u can get other cleaner kinds)
pasta slim (extremely low in calories)
organic extra virgin olive oil ( Costco is always cheap for this)
organic extra virgin coconut oil
almond milk
chia seeds (great source of protein)
hemp seeds
cacao nibs
pam olive oil spray
plant based protein powder (I got plant head brand)
quest bars (snacks for on the go)
raw almonds
unsalted sunflower seeds
black beans (for me anything canned HAS to be ORGANIC)
frozen corn
brown rice
quinoa
organic tofu
edamame beans
banana dippers
dark chocolate
almond butter
pb 2 powdered peanut butter
oats
frozen peas
stevia packets
liquid stevia
raw honey






MEAT OR SEAFOOD:
chicken breast - boneless and skinless
raw shrimp- cleaned ones
wild caught cod or tilapia (only fish that don't taste too fishy, I hate salmon :(  )
canned tuna in water - low sodium
extra lean ground beef
extra lean beef steak




after getting all the stuff store them nice as recommended so they last a long time. organic produce tends to go bad very fast so make sure only buy limited amounts per week. keep your bananas away from the other produce as they release substances that makes others go bad fast. freeze the meat or seafood and store them in small amounts so you don't have to defrost the whole bag just to get one piece out.


once I got all the basic stuff now I only go weekly shopping for mostly produce and dairy. and I cook everyday different things out of these ingredients. I don't like eating same thing every day.


take care!!


follow me on my instagram for motivation and food ideas : http://instagram.com/healthyfooddiaree#



No comments:

Post a Comment